A friendly reminder from our friends at the FAA and the Oregon Pilots Association:

Remember that the paper pilot certificates that you have in your wallet must be replaced by the new plastic certificates by March 31, 2010. FAR 61.19(h) reads: (h) Duration of pilot certificates. Except for a temporary certificate issued under §61.17 or a student pilot certificate issued under paragraph (b) of this section, the holder of a paper pilot certificate issued under this part may not exercise the privileges of that certificate after March 31, 2010. If your Social Security number is your pilot certificate number you can go to this link and download the form to get a new certificate without charge:


If your pilot certificate does not contain your Social Security number, you have two options to obtain a new plastic certificate:

1. You can apply on-line by going to this link and the fee is $2.00: https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/amsrvs/ReqAcct.asp or,

2. You can fill out the paper form and mail it to the Airman Registry and the fee is $2.00. Go to this link for the form and address:


If you have questions concerning the process call your local FSDO office.